Court Order Paternity
To amend a birth certificate, the parent(s) must supply the following:
- 1. A certified court order provided by the court.
- 2. An application for a New Birth Certificate.
- 3. Payment / fees.
- 4. Proper identification.
If a biological mother and a biological father were not married at the time of their child’s birth but marry after the birth, they may file a legitimation. Legitimations amend a child’s birth certificate as if the biological parents were married at the time of the child’s birth. To file for legitimation, the married parents must supply the following:
- 1. A certified Marriage Certificate. (Our office will keep this certificate.)
- 2. A signed Voluntary Declaration of Paternity. (This is signed in our office.)
- 3. An application for a New Birth Certificate.
- 4. Payment / fees.
- 5. Proper identification.