Skip to content
Main Menu Utah Vital Records and Statistics Search

Delayed Birth Certificate Filing/Registration

All live births filed with the Office of Vital Records and Statistic (OVRS) one calendar year or more after the birth shall be filed as delayed.   Please contact the birth registration team at or call 801-538-6371 to obtain further information on how to file a delayed certificate of live birth.

Even if you have never obtained a certified copy of your birth certificate, or know that you do not have a birth certificate on file, you will need to start the process by completing an application for a certificate of live birth. Follow instructions provided on the application, and along with picture ID and the required fee, mail the form into OVRS. OVRS will contact the applicant for further information and steps to be taken if a delayed birth certificate needs to be filed. Order a Birth Certificate online or print a paper application.
Site SettingsSettings